Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Goddess

She raises her head
Alert, ears flicking forward
Nostrils flaring
Her delicate eyes seemingly filled with black ink, look concerned, outlined with kajal like a fish
Her, long  and elegant neck tenses. It is strong, light brown, smooth with the clear vein running almost diagonally across
An innocence so pure
So gentle and delicate
But intertwined with unspoken strength and elegance
She is regal


My breath catches in my throat
I don’t want to move as I am enraptured by her beauty
I want to reach out and stroke the length of her strong neck, she stands that close to me
..almost hoping her strength could be transferred to me
But it is as  if I am turned into stone
I don’t want to intrude on this moment by breathing


I am humbled
I feel my heart weeping with gratitude for this incredible moment

(Blue Mountain, NY, Aug, '14)

No comments:

Post a Comment