Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dance

He listens to his song and dances with his cap
As though it is his dancing partner
Seamless liquid movements
Carefree and with a smile on his lips
He is free and flowing to his own beat
His own music


I dance to the tune of my heart
Is is easier now to touch  the  deeper parts of my soul
There is no friction
No need for endorsements
Just me and my heart

I feel a freedom I have never experienced before
An ability to express myself without fear of judgment
The only judgment is with my conscience
"Am I being kind to others in this process of self discovery "?
"Am I being kind to myself"?
Checking in on myself has rarely been my priority
Until now

It is liberating
It is freedom
The dance to the tune of my heart

(R Train on my way home, Oct '14)

No comments:

Post a Comment