Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fear

Fear of loneliness?
Fear of death?
Fear of getting lost and not being found?
A fear so overpowering I want to turn back
I break into a  cold sweat
A part of me wants to cry
My heart thumps

Why?
Why should I feel so scared when I am in my natural habitat?
Among the trees, earth, air from which I came?
Why can’t I be vulnerable?
Why do I need to be in places where I feel safe?
Why am I afraid to surrender?

I decide to give in  to what is meant to be
I decide to look into fear’s eyes squarely
And shed that heavy black cloak that was pulling me down, almost to my knees,
making it so difficult to breathe,
And I feel free instead
I feel protected and am ready to face what is meant to be

I realised it was me who  was holding onto the black cloak
I could not look into fear’s eyes. They were not there, they were reflections of my own

(Blue Mountains, NY, Aug '14)

No comments:

Post a Comment